Havana is the most exciting city in the Caribbean -Havana Cuba
Historic Havana, nowhere else but in the streets of Havana is the Spanish colonial architecture so abundant, everywhere you look there is a unique image waiting to be recorded. Walking the streets of Old Havana will sweep even the most unsentimental of travelers from their feet. Street after street is graced with grand facades, boasting massive wooden doors, barred windows and narrow sidewalks. Havana was first called San Cristobal de la Habana, over 200 years Havana was the most important Spanish port in the Caribbean. Today Havana is a peeling buildings and vintage automobiles. Havana before
If you venture into Old Havana, you can’t miss the many art galleries among the elegant arches and columns of the restored colonial streets. If you’re lucky, you may just come upon some of Cuba’s top artists at work there. A good place to start the hunt for prints is the "Taller Experimental de GrDafica" The Experimental Print Workshop in the Cathedral Plaza the old Havana main squere.
It boasts a wide selection of prints, mostly by younger Cuban artists, offers variety of colours, sizes and content of the prints. Including pieces with recognizable Cuban icons, black and white woodcuts and whimsical colographies. All Art Galleries in Havana opens Monday to Friday from: 10am to 4pm.
• Internacional Festival Boleros de Oro in Havana Jun 1 to 30
The festival trumpets the bolero a traditional Cuban song that's half love, half lament.
Its popularity stretches far beyond Cuba and singers from all over Latin America come to the festival to perform. Bolero, a musical genre which emerged in Cuba in the second half of the 19th century, the genre has had a marked influence in other countries, places as far away as Spain and Japan. Golden Boleros festival is considered, the oldest of its kind in Latin America. Havana cultural
• Leonardo da Vinci Exhibition in Havana Da Vinci Exhibition
Salon Blanco of the Saint Francis of Assisi Convent Hundred piecesof art donated by the Anthropos Foundation are on display. The machines of the visionary Da Vinci displayed in Havana founded in 1519.
• Camera Obscura in Historic Old Havana Camera Obscura
"Here the figures, here the colors, here all the images of every part of the universe are contracted to a point, what a point is so marvelous" by Leonardo da Vinci. Located in Old Havana at the corner
of "Plaza Vieja" on the roof, you can enjoy spectacular view of all Havana
in the Camera Obscura.
Popular Hotels in Havana Hotel price per person, for double room occupancy.
Nacional de Cuba from € 55 Rates/Book
The most emblematic Hotel in Havana, situated in Vedado city center at the shore, overlooking Havana Bay.
Hotel Nacional is among the best hotels in Havana, one of the most classical and representative in Cuba.
Quinta Avenida Habana from € 39 Rates/Book
Luxury contemporary hotel with spacious and modern decorated rooms. Situated near financial district in
Havana Miramar, offer buffet or a la carte restaurants, swimming pool and evening entertainment show.
Saratoga from € 89 Rates/Book
Saratoga is an experience not to be missed, today Havana’s the most luxurious elegant property. Situated
near the Old Havana, at front of the Capitolio. Has roof swimming pool with spectacular view on Havana.
Plaza from € 28 Rates/Book
Colonial hotel with a magnificant facades, hotel has a long fascinating history, roof patio bar and solarium.
Situated in the middle of historical center at the Old havana, excellent location overlooking Parque Central.
Telegrafo from € 39 Rates/Book
The hotels is a splendid example of architecture combining, modern and attractive design with the colonial
styles. Boutique hotel situated in the Havana center Parque Centra, near all the tourist attractions.
Hotel Raquel from € 39 Rates/Book
Previous Jewish Bank in Havana’s Jewish District, completely renovated, featuring the most impressive
stained glass. Situated in Jewish quarter of Old Havana, near the oldest Synagogue in Cuba.
BelleVue Deauville from € 14 Rates/Book
Hotel offer an excellent view to the sea and the Castillo del Morro, its comfortable rooms have terraces
with a view to the sea. Situated at the shore along Malecon, has swimming pool, a very popular spot.
Villa Tropico Jibacoa from € 31 Rates/Book All inclusive
Beach resort on the Jibacoa bay, just 68 km from Havana on the way to Varadero, at the beautiful Jibacoa beach, ideal to rest and to enjoy the nature. Snorkeling and scuba diving spot, very friendly hotel service.
Del Tejadillo from € 33 Rates/Book An authentic colonial guesthouse, situated in the very heart of Old Havana, near the Cathedral Square.
Just a few meters from the Cathedral Square and La Bodeguita del Medio famous Hemingway cafe bar.
Club Tropicoco from € 35 Rates/Book All inclusive
The hotel is overlooking the sandy beach of Santa Maria del Mar, just 20 min east from Havana. Turquoise
blue water and fine white sand, an idyllic tropical Caribbean beach setting, surrounded by tropical gardens.
Elegant Gran Cafe el Louvre, is situated in Havana center in Inglaterra Hotel the Cuba’s oldest
and most classic hotel founded in 1875. Tables are decorated by Cuban contemporary artists.
While in Old Havana, not miss the Bodeguita del Medio, a famous Hemingway bar near the Plaza Cathedral in historic quarter, famous for its traditional Cuban dishes, unique decor and for the best Mojito Cuban drink.
El Patio Restaurant at the Cathedral Square in Old Havana, the restaurant is in a house of the 18th century, Casa del Marques de Aguas Claras. It is worth passing by for those who have a demanding taste. An excellent wine carte, where the meats could be very well accompanied, but also seafood is demanded in order to taste them with white wine and then to complete the dinner. The El Patio is a truly Cuban feast, at night expect spectacular Cuban Show.
The best known places is Terazza La Mina, offer typical Cuban Cuisine, as well excellent Daiquiri and Mojito drinks, restaurant is located next to the Palacio de los Capitanes Generales, Obispo street. Popular cafes and bars
Colonial Art Museum situated at the Cathedral Square the former house of Count Casa Bayona, built in 1720. Its great facades show the Cuban colonial architecture. lts ceilings resemble a Spanish mudejar decoration. Display: colaonial furniture, glassware and porcelain from 17th century, an important representation of the decoration and furniture of the colonial mansions of Havana. Havana Cultura Museo De Bellas Artes National Museum of Fine Arts is hosting in two location, the modern building is dedicated to Cuban Arts and the Universal Arts in former Asturian Center. Art works have been carefully selected and separated features Vanguardia and Colonial period. Address: Trocadero Street at Zulueta, and Monserrate in Old Havana district.
• Old Havana Habana Vieja simply marvelous…
The most attractive quarter contains many valuable buildings, which are being restored to their former glory.
The predominant style of Old Havana is what has become known as Tropical Baroque, a simple, graceful combination of column, arch and volute born of the union of Mudejar and Baroque influence from Southern Spain with Cuban building material: mahogany, cedar and coral limestone. Old Havana is one of the oldest settlements in the America's, full of charming weatherworn buildings and narrow, intriguing roadways. Visiting Havana is always unforgettable experience, a truly inspiring place.
Old Havana Hotels
• Havanas East Beaches Playas del Este chain of beautiful beaches east of Havana.
True pristine beaches are exist near Havana, located just 18 km east of Havana center, getting there is easy just 20 min by taxi. Playas del Este composed: Playa Bacuranao, Playa Tarara, Playa El Megano, Playa Santa Maria del Mar, Playa Boca Ciega and Playa Guanabo. Ideal place for a day trip. Havana Beach Hotels
• Vedado Havana center, offer lots of cultural events and attractions.
One of Havana's best neighborhood. Vedado is Havana’s cultural center, with many artistic institutions, museums and theatres, offering plenty of nightlife. The area has many hotels, restaurants and monuments. Here are a great quantity of bars, night clubs and discotheques.
Well known is La Rampa, and famous Malecon seaside path that stretches from Miramar to Havana harbour. The most special place, without any doubts is the Hotel Nacional. Havana Vedado Hotels
• Miramar Havana west of the Almendares River - Club Habana photo.
Traditionally one of the more upscale district of Havana, known for its splendid mansions wide trees and palms avenues, where many of the embassies are located.
Fifth Avenue leads to residential area of Miramar and the Havana’s business district; Convention Centre and Pabexpo, where various international fairs take place. Tourist attractions; exclusive Club Habana, Cabaret Tropicana, La Maison fashion house, Marina Hemingway, National Aquarium, Casa de la Musica.
Many fine hotels and restaurants are located in Miramar. Havana Miramar Hotels
Havana’s attractions:San Cristobal Cathedral
• Capitolio, National Capitol, is situated in city center in Vedado.
• Real Fuerza Castle, situated at the Old Havana near the Bay.
• Tres Reyes del Morro Castle, situated at the Havana Harbor.
• Cannon Blast Ceremony at 9pm Morro Castle, La Cabana Fortress.
• San Francisco de Asis Square and Convent in Old Havana center.
• Cathedral Square, Plaza Cateral situated in Old Havana center.
• Malecon Seawall Drive, situated at the Havana's sea shore.
• Camera Obscura "Leonardo da Vinci" in Old Havana at Plaza Vieja.
• Museum of Fine Arts "Bellas Artes" situated in Old Havana.
• Palace of Captains General, situated in Plaza de Armas Old Havana.
• Arms Square "Plaza De Armas" situated in Old Havana center.
• East Beaches "Playas de Este", situated 15 km east of Havana.
• Casa del la Musica, Salsa Dance Club is situated in Miramar district.
• Cabaret Tropicana famous Caribbean Night Club, situated in Miramar.
• National Aquarium tropical subtropical fish, dolphin show in Miramar.
• Floridita, Hemingway favourite bar, Str Obispo #557 at the corner.
• La Bodeguita del Medio, Bar Restaurant Mojito drink is a blast, at
the heart of Old Havana near the Cathedral Square.
Havana during the day:
Explore Havana discover unique colonial architecture, music and people while walking around the squares and narrow streets of historic Old Havana in Panoramic
• Discover old "Camera Obscura" is located in Old Havana center at the corner of Plaza Vieja, enjoy spectacular view of historic Havana. Camera Obscura
• Visit "Bellas Artes" The National Museum of Fine Arts located in Old Havana, Trocadero street at corner of Zulueta and Monserrate street. Museum Bellas Artes
• Spend a day in Havana Botanic Garden, the garden has large collection of endemic plants and gorgeous palms trees, is a recreation spot. Botanic Garden
• Relax at Havana’s fine beach "Playas de Este" located just 15 km east of Havana, is an excellent choice for rest and relaxation. Playas de Este
• Enjoy dolphins show in The National Aquarium, it shows tropical and subtropical fishes. The aquarium is a mixture of an educational and recreational concept. There is a special section for sea lions and dolphins. Havana's Aquarium is situated at Addres: 3th Avenu & 62 Street, Miramar, Playa. Open Tuesday to Sunday
10:00am a 6:00pm The Aquarium Restaurant "Gran Azul" is open every day from 12:00pm to 11:00pm.
Day trip from Havana:
• Take a trip to Varadero the Caribbean favorite tourist spot just 140 km east from Havana, spend a day on the beach or take catamaran cruise. Varadero
• Consider trip to Pinar del Rio Tobacco Plantations west of Havana 163 km west of Havana, Vinales Valley, is a magical landscape of hills and caves natural
blessing, and visit Indian Caves at the valley. Vinales Valley
• La Terrazas 68 km west of Havana, ride o Crazy Canopy Tour and feel your adrenaline rising up ride amongst the tropical forest, it's unique adventure distinctive journey in to the natural world, is one of a kind adventure. Canopy Tour
Planetarium in Old Havana. Modern Planetarium opened in Havana historical center. Japan donated the Planetarium to Cuba, it able to capture 6500 stars offer guided tours of the Universe Auditorium in theatre with 65 seats.
On exhibit the telescopes provide a look into the universe in real time, an astronomical library of graphics and the games.
Among the attractions is the Space Technology Hall that shows the relationship between humankind and the cosmos, using different technological advances. Upstairs there is the solar system balcony that offers a view from above, and in the Star and Galactic Rooms.
The Planetarium consists of four plants in which the rooms of the universe, the stellars, the galactics, the space technique and room dedicated to cosmic landscape. Planetarium is located in the Old Square "Plaza Vieja", open from Wednesday to Saturday from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm and Sundays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Planetarium Old Havana
Havana nightlife: Plaza Catedral performance
• Lets spend unforgettable night in "Cabaret Tropicana" the world famous night club, is situated in Miramar, 72 Street at 41/45 street. Tropicana Cabaret
• Experience spectacular Cuban Show "Havana Cafe" where you might spot Matt Dillon sucking Esplendidos with Naomi Campbell hotel Melia Cohiba. Havana Cafe
• Enjoy the best Latin Jazz night in Havana performed by cool virtuosic Afro-Cubans musicians at the Jazz Cafe and the La Zorra y El Cuervo Jazz clubs.
• Annual Havana Plaza Jazz Festival is the paramount celebration of Jazz music. Discover hot Cuban Salsa dance and music Cuban music
• Contemporary Dance Theater Retazos in Old Havana, International Dance Festival in Urban Scenarios is making audience part of the artistic creation. Retazos
• Visit Havana’s best fashion house "La Maison" bar, restaurant , nightclub, fashion show at 10 pm, located in Miramar 16 street #701 and 7 Ave. Havana Fashion
• Every evening at 9:00 pm "Canonazo" ceremonya Cannon-Shot, sounds from La Cabana which in earlier times signaled the closing city gates, visit Military
Historic Park and White Weapons Museum, at the El Morro Fortress across the Havana Bay. Canonazo at 9pm
Top hottest spots in Havana:
• Casa de la Musica is one of the best places for live music and local culture in Havana. With shows every night - 4pm to 7pm and 10pm – 2am.
• El Delirio Habanero a great spot for a romantic evening, a piano lounge hosting comedians and cabaret. At 4th floor of National Theatre fantastic night view.
• Cafe Cantante Mi Habana located l next door to El Delirio Habanero, is an excellent place to test your dancing skill and learn how to dance Salsa.
• El Tropical you can dance to Los Van Van, Pupi y Su Son Son or Habana Abierta. Friday, Saturday and Sunday is best. Address: Linea & Calle F in Vedado.
• Rooftop garden bar of Hotel Ambos Mundos in Old Havana a must see for a spectacular view of Havana and the bay, drink and music in the middle of the day.
• Casa de la Amistad - House of Friendship is a perfect place for live Cuban music, open until midnight. Address: Paseo #406 between street 17 & 19.
• Tikoa small but popular with young Cubans and travelers alike. All Cuban music with lots of Afro Cuban vibes. Address: #177 Street 23 between N & O Vedado.
• El Tunel is in fashion today Salsa Discos music, young Cubans dancing, few foreigners go to El Tunel Address: Street Patrocinio Saco, Vibora, Havana center.
• La Zorra y el Cuervo for best Latin jazz, intimate space has attracted some of the worlds most loved jazz musicians.
• Callejon de Hamel one of the most exciting places to catch local Cuban music and dancing, from 12pm to 3pm at Sundays.
Address: Rampa Str 23 & Vedado.
Latin Jazz and Salsa Dance Clubs: La Zorra y El Cuervo
Prominent Cuban Jazz bands come to this place to perform their music. Address: Rampa Str 23 & Vedado. Havana center, 3 blocks from Habana Libre Hotel down the street. You can drink and dance with Jazz live music.
Open every day 22:00 to 4.00am
• Jazz Cafe
Excellent place to hear some of Cuba's top jazz musicians including Chucho Valdes. Address: Galerias Paseo, Calle 1ra, e/ Paseo y A Vedado, across the Hotel Melia Cohiba. Open design provides for a good bar atmosphere. Jazz night every day from 21:30 to 3.00am.
• Havana Cafe Havana Cafe Where you might spot the elite of the americans actors and top fashion models in Hotel Melia Cohiba. The best Cuban show Havana Cafe salsa dance, decor includes old cars, a gas pump, an old Harley Davidson and other memorabilia including a whole old aircraft.
• La Cecilia
Large outdoor club featuring big names salsa stars, bands and dance performances. Great sound system lively, located on 5 Avenida & 110 Str.
• Torquino Night Club
At top floor of Habana Libre hotel, overlooking central Havana decor is from 1970s style, Vedado.
• Casa Del la MusicaSoy De Cuba Hot Cuban new and Salsa music with salsa dance, located street 20 at corner 35 Miramar. Learn how to dance Salsa befor you go to Cuba. Salsa dance lesson • Macumba Disco
Night Club live music the best Timba and Salsa groups play here, Has large outdoor dancing spot.
each with its own bar, in a tropical ambience with lush gardens everywhere. There is also a large pool and numbers of shops for fashion and Fashion Show. Located Str 222 & 37 La Lisa Havana West 25km from Havana ceter.
• Cafe CantanteListen Salsa
Disco Club, with live Cuban Salsa music a good dance venue frequented by foreign and local audience, located in National Theater, Plaza la Revolucion Vedado.
El Malecon soul of Havana
Top attraction the city's famed seaside walkway, people relaxing enjoying the afternoon sun along the Malecon seashore
National Capitol Building home to the Cuban Academy of Sciences. Its design recall the United States Capitol completed in 1929
Palace of the Captains General
Cuba`s most celebrated 18th century building, work on the structure began in 1776 situated in Old Havana center "Plaza De Armas" Square Havana history
El Caballero de Paris
Plaza de San Francisco Old havana, well known street person in Habana at the 1950's El Caballero's real name was Jose Maria Lopez Lledin
Caballero de Paris
Chopin statue unveiled in Old Havana, Plaza de San Francisco in 2010 culmination of the celebrations for the bicentenary of the birth of the Polish artist. Havana's art and music
Havana's classic car
In the narrow streets at the historic heart of Havana
notice unique classic pre-1959 American cars Havana's Taxi
American antique car
American historic classic cars in Old Havana center Antique American cars, visit Cars Museum in Old Havana Cars Museum
An elegant building rich and colorful heritage, at the attractive corner in Old Havana
luxurious hotel, one of Havana’s most stylish establishments a favourite haunt of artists
The most vibrant gathering spot in Old Havana the Old Square a fascinating place to view Havana's history Square view
Crawling along be instantly disarmed by the delightful atmosphere enveloping in Old havana an excellent place to relax while admiring the stately charm of this magnificent buildings. Old Havana
Art and Fashion Havana
National Museum of Fine Art is hosting "Arte y Moda" The Art and Fashion Event contemporary artistic expressions that have been inspiration to designers Fashion show