Today Havana is the most exciting city in the Caribbean
Havana is one of Seven Urban Wonders of the World - Ciudad Maravilla in June 2016 city of Havana received recognition as one of the seven Wonder Cities of the World, awarded by the Swiss foundation New7Wonders. Havana Cultural EventsAmerican Tourists
Nowhere else but in the streets of historic old Havana, is the Spanish colonial architecture so abundant, everywhere you look there is a unique image waiting to be recorded. Walking the streets of Old Havana will sweep even the most unsentimental of travelers from their feet. Street after street is graced with grand facades, boasting massive wooden doors, barred windows and narrow sidewalks. Havana was first called San Cristobal de la Habana, over 200 years Havana was the most important Spanish port in the Caribbean. Today Havana is an old colonial buildings and vintage automobiles, is the most intriguing destination for American tourists.
★ We are pleased to offer discounted rates on hotels in Cuba, book your ideal hotel and rent a car online.
If you venture into Old Havana, you can’t miss the many art galleries among the elegant arches and columns of the restored colonial streets. If you’re lucky, you may just come upon some of Cuba’s top artists at work there. A good place to start the hunt for prints is the "Taller Experimental de GrDafica" The Experimental Print Workshop in the Cathedral Plaza the old Havana main squere. It boasts a wide selection of prints, mostly by younger Cuban artists, offers variety of colours, sizes and content of the prints. Including pieces with recognizable Cuban icons, black and white woodcuts and whimsical colographies. Havana Arts & Events
U.S. President Obama historic visit in Old Havana, Cuba
Elegant Gran Cafe el Louvre, is situated in Havana center in Inglaterra Hotel the Cuba’s oldest
and most classic hotel founded in 1875. Tables are decorated by Cuban contemporary artists.
While in Old Havana, not miss the Bodeguita del Medio, a famous Hemingway bar near the Plaza Cathedral in historic quarter, famous for its traditional Cuban dishes, unique decor and for the best Mojito Cuban drink.
El Patio Restaurant at the Cathedral Square in Old Havana, the restaurant is in a house of the 18th century, Casa del Marques de Aguas Claras. It is worth passing by for those who have a demanding taste. An excellent wine carte, where the meats could be very well accompanied, but also seafood is demanded in order to taste them with white wine and then to complete the dinner.
The El Patio is a truly Cuban feast, at night expect spectacular Cuban Show.
The best known places is Terazza La Mina, offer typical Cuban Cuisine, as well excellent Daiquiri and Mojito drinks, restaurant is located next to the Palacio de los Capitanes Generales, Obispo street. Popular cafes and bars
Iconic Great Theater of Havana
After of the restoration the Great Theater is open to the public, the theater was recently rechristened the Great Theater of Alicia Alonso, the Cuban prima ballerina.
Colonial Art Museum situated at the Cathedral Square the former house of Count Casa Bayona, built in 1720. Its great facades show the Cuban colonial architecture. lts ceilings resemble a Spanish mudejar decoration. Display: colaonial furniture, glassware and porcelain from 17th century, an important representation of the decoration and furniture of the colonial mansions of Havana. Museo De Bellas Artes National Museum of Fine Arts is hosting in two location, the modern building is dedicated to Cuban Arts and the Universal Arts in former Asturian Center. Art works have been carefully selected and separated features Vanguardia and Colonial period. Address: Trocadero Street at Zulueta, and Monserrate in Old Havana district.
Old Havana - Habana Vieja simply marvelous…
The most attractive quarter contains many valuable buildings, which are being restored to their former glory.
The predominant style of Old Havana is what has become known as Tropical Baroque, a simple, graceful combination of column, arch and volute born of the union of Mudejar and Baroque influence from Southern Spain with Cuban building material: mahogany, cedar and coral limestone. Old Havana is one of the oldest settlements in the America's, full of charming weatherworn buildings and narrow, intriguing roadways. Visiting Havana is always unforgettable experience, a truly inspiring place.
Old Havana Hotels
Havana's Beaches Playas del Este is a chain of beautiful beaches, East of Havana.
True pristine beaches are exist near Havana, located just 18 km east of Havana center, getting there is easy just 20 min by taxi. Playas del Este composed: Playa Bacuranao, Playa Tarara, Playa El Megano, Playa Santa Maria del Mar, Playa Boca Ciega and Playa Guanabo. Ideal place for a day trip. Havana Beach Hotels
Vedado Havana center, offer lots of cultural events and attractions.
One of Havana's best neighborhood. Vedado is Havana’s cultural center, with many artistic institutions, museums and theatres, offering plenty of nightlife. The area has many hotels, restaurants and monuments. Here are a great quantity of bars, night clubs and discotheques.
Well known is La Rampa, and famous Malecon seaside path that stretches from Miramar to Havana harbour. The most special place, without any doubts is the Hotel Nacional. Havana Vedado Hotels
Miramar Havana west of the Almendares River - Club Habana photo.
Traditionally one of the more upscale district of Havana, known for its splendid mansions wide trees and palms avenues, where many of the embassies are located.
Fifth Avenue leads to residential area of Miramar and the Havana’s business district; Convention Centre and Pabexpo, where various international fairs take place. Tourist attractions; exclusive Club Habana, Cabaret Tropicana, La Maison fashion house, Marina Hemingway, National Aquarium, Casa de la Musica.
Many fine hotels and restaurants are located in Miramar. Havana Miramar Hotels
San Cristobal Cathedral
• Capitolio, National Capitol, is situated in city center in Vedado.
• Real Fuerza Castle, situated at the Old Havana near the Bay.
• Tres Reyes del Morro Castle, situated at the Havana Harbor.
• Cannon Blast Ceremony at 9pm Morro Castle, La Cabana Fortress.
• San Francisco de Asis Square and Convent in Old Havana center.
• Cathedral Square, Plaza Cateral situated in Old Havana center.
• Malecon Seawall Drive, situated at the Havana's sea shore.
• Camera Obscura "Leonardo da Vinci" in Old Havana at Plaza Vieja.
• Museum of Fine Arts "Bellas Artes" situated in Old Havana.
• Palace of Captains General, situated in Plaza de Armas Old Havana.
• Arms Square "Plaza De Armas" situated in Old Havana center.
• East Beaches "Playas de Este", situated 15 km east of Havana.
• Casa del la Musica, Salsa Dance Club is situated in Miramar district.
• Cabaret Tropicana famous Caribbean Night Club, situated in Miramar.
• National Aquarium tropical subtropical fish, dolphin show in Miramar.
• Floridita, Hemingway favourite bar, Str Obispo #557 at the corner.
• La Bodeguita del Medio, Bar Restaurant Mojito drink is a blast, at
the heart of Old Havana near the Cathedral Square.
Explore Havana discover unique colonial architecture, music and people while walking around the squares and narrow streets of historic
• Discover old "Camera Obscura" is located in Old Havana center at the corner of Plaza Vieja, enjoy spectacular view of historic Havana. Camera Obscura
• Visit "Bellas Artes" The National Museum of Fine Arts located in Old Havana, Trocadero street at corner of Zulueta and Monserrate street. Museum Bellas Artes
• Spend a day in Havana Botanic Garden, the garden has large collection of endemic plants and gorgeous palms trees, is a recreation spot. Botanic Garden
• Relax at Havana’s fine beach "Playas de Este" located just 15 km east of Havana, is an excellent choice for rest and relaxation. Playas de Este
• Enjoy dolphins show in The National Aquarium, it shows tropical and subtropical fishes. The aquarium is a mixture of an educational and recreational concept. There is a special section for sea lions and dolphins. Havana's Aquarium is situated at Addres: 3th Avenu & 62 Street, Miramar, Playa. Open Tuesday to Sunday
10:00am a 6:00pm The Aquarium Restaurant "Gran Azul" is open every day from 12:00pm to 11:00pm.
Day trip from Havana
• Take a trip to Varadero the Caribbean favorite tourist spot just 140 km east from Havana, spend a day on the beach or take catamaran cruise. Varadero
• Consider trip to Pinar del Rio Tobacco Plantations west of Havana 163 km west of Havana, Vinales Valley, is a magical landscape of hills and caves natural
blessing, and visit Indian Caves at the valley. Vinales Valley
• La Terrazas 68 km west of Havana, ride o Crazy Canopy Tour and feel your adrenaline rising up ride amongst the tropical forest, it's unique adventure distinctive journey in to the natural world, is one of a kind adventure. Canopy Tour
Historic Old Havana seduces the visitor with her good looks, is the one of the world’s most exciting, confusing and compelling place.
Habana's Vieja is famous for the Catedral de San Cristoal de la Habana at the Plaza de la Catedral, and for well-known 'La Bodeguita del Medio' bar-restaurant, where you can buy an mojito Hemingway's favourite drink, when listen to live Cuban music.
Modern Planetarium opened in Havana historical center. Japan donated the Planetarium to Cuba, it able to capture 6500 stars offer guided tours of the Universe Auditorium in theatre with 65 seats.
On exhibit the telescopes provide a look into the universe in real time, an astronomical library of graphics and the games. Planetarium is located in the Old Square "Plaza Vieja", open from Wednesday to Saturday from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
• Lets spend unforgettable night in "Cabaret Tropicana" the world famous night club, is situated in Miramar, 72 Street at 41/45 street. Tropicana Cabaret
• Experience spectacular Cuban Show "Havana Cafe" where you might spot Matt Dillon sucking Esplendidos with Naomi Campbell hotel Melia Cohiba. Havana Cafe
• Enjoy the best Latin Jazz night in Havana performed by cool virtuosic Afro-Cubans musicians at the Jazz Cafe and the La Zorra y El Cuervo Jazz clubs.
• Annual Havana Plaza Jazz Festival is the paramount celebration of Jazz music. Discover hot Cuban Salsa dance and music Cuban music
• Contemporary Dance Theater Retazos in Old Havana, International Dance Festival in Urban Scenarios is making audience part of the artistic creation. Retazos
• Visit Havana’s best fashion house "La Maison" bar, restaurant , nightclub, fashion show at 10 pm, located in Miramar 16 street #701 and 7 Ave. Havana Fashion
• Every evening at 9:00 pm "Canonazo" ceremonya Cannon-Shot, sounds from La Cabana which in earlier times signaled the closing city gates, visit Military
Historic Park and White Weapons Museum, at the El Morro Fortress across the Havana Bay. Canonazo at 9 pm
Hottest spots in Havana
• Casa de la Musica is one of the best places for live music and local culture in Havana. With shows every night - 4pm to 7pm and 10pm – 2am.
• El Delirio Habanero a great spot for a romantic evening, a piano lounge hosting comedians and cabaret, at 4th floor of National Theatre fantastic night view.
• Cafe Cantante Mi Habana located l next door to El Delirio Habanero, is an excellent place to test your dancing skill and learn how to dance Salsa.
• El Tropical you can dance to Los Van Van, Pupi y Su Son Son or Habana Abierta. Friday, Saturday and Sunday is best. Address: Linea & Calle F in Vedado.
• Rooftop garden bar of Hotel Ambos Mundos in Old Havana a must see for a spectacular view of Havana and the bay, drink and music in the middle of the day.
• Casa de la Amistad - House of Friendship is a perfect place for live Cuban music, open until midnight. Address: Paseo #406 between street 17 & 19.
• Tikoa small but popular with young Cubans and travelers alike. All Cuban music with lots of Afro Cuban vibes. Address: #177 Street 23 between N & O Vedado.
• El Tunel is in fashion today Salsa Discos music, young Cubans dancing, few foreigners go to El Tunel Address: Street Patrocinio Saco, Vibora, Havana center.
• La Zorra y el Cuervo for best Latin jazz, intimate space has attracted some of the worlds most loved jazz musicians.
• Callejon de Hamel one of the most exciting places to catch local Cuban music and dancing, from 12pm to 3pm at Sundays.
Address: Rampa Str 23 & Vedado.
Havana's Paseo del Prado a chic catwalk - CHANEL Fashion Show - 2016
Latin Jazz and Salsa Clubs: La Zorra y El Cuervo
Prominent Cuban Jazz bands come to this place to perform their music. Address: Rampa Str 23 & Vedado. Havana center, 3 blocks from Habana Libre Hotel down the street. You can drink and dance with Jazz live music.
Open every day 22:00 to 4.00am
• Jazz Cafe
Excellent place to hear some of Cuba's top jazz musicians including Chucho Valdes. Address: Galerias Paseo, Calle 1ra, e/ Paseo y A Vedado, across the Hotel Melia Cohiba. Open design provides for a good bar atmosphere. Jazz night every day from 21:30 to 3.00am.
• Havana Cafe Havana Cafe Where you might spot the elite of the americans actors and top fashion models in Hotel Melia Cohiba. The best Cuban show Havana Cafe salsa dance, decor includes old cars, a gas pump, an old Harley Davidson and other memorabilia including a whole old aircraft.
• La Cecilia
Large outdoor club featuring big names salsa stars, bands and dance performances. Great sound system lively, located on 5 Avenida & 110 Str.
• Torquino Night Club
At top floor of Habana Libre hotel, overlooking central Havana decor is from 1970s style, Vedado.
• Casa Del la Musica Hot Cuban salsa music with salsa dance, located street 20 at corner 35 Miramar. Learn how to dance Salsa befor you go to Cuba. Salsa dance lesson • Macumba Disco
Night Club live music the best Timba and Salsa groups play here, Has large outdoor dancing spot.
each with its own bar, in a tropical ambience with lush gardens everywhere. There is also a large pool and numbers of shops for fashion and Fashion Show. Located Str 222 & 37 La Lisa Havana West 25km from Havana ceter.
• Cafe CantanteCuban Salsa Music
Disco Club, with live Cuban Salsa music a good dance venue frequented by foreign and local audience, located in National Theater, Plaza la Revolucion Vedado.